Meet the 7-Year-Old Japanese Girl Who’s the Youngest Pro Skater Ever

To strangers, Sky Brown may look like just another normal kid – until she steps on a skateboard.

The seven-year-old Japanese girl just became the youngest pro skater in Vans Tour history, and her videos on instagram are social media hits.

Born in Miyazaki City, Japan, Brown has been skating for more than five years now. She enjoys skate parks better than regular parks.

“I’ve been going to skate parks with my dad ever since I can remember It always been way more fun for me than regular parks, I just prefer Ramps and Bowls to Swings and Slides they are just sooo much more fun.” she told girlisnota4letterword.com.

Talent runs in the blood, as Stu, Sky’s dad, is a skater himself. Sky helped her dad teach Ocean, her younger brother, how to skate.

Sky attended AWSM, an English Preschool, and Skatepark, Action Park “The Shred Center” based in Miyazaki, GoSkate.com noted. She has several sponsors according to the outlet, including Moonjelly Wetsuits, 5050 WaveSkates, surfboards by BEN WEI, FLAKE clothing, Greenfix ECO Surfwax, XS helmets and PRIDE SOCK.

Sky loves watching skating videos on YouTube. She cites Bryce Wettstein as her greatest inspiration – her “number one hero.”

“I really want to be like her, I always watch her youtube videos they make me so pumped and happy. she’s so funny and sooo awesome and cool.” Brown said.

Recently Brown competed in the Vans US Open and was the youngest skater in the event.

screen-shot-2016-09-14-at-10-21-40-am

Interestingly, Sky is also a surfer, and she loves doing the activity with friends.

“When I was little I used to hassle my dad to go with him for the morning surfs so I could play on the beach, I would even get into the car and refuse to leave, then one day my dad got me a soft board and pushed me into some small waves, and that was that. I was hooked pretty fast hahaha. Now I get up super early every morning and jump on my dad until he wakes up and takes me surfing.” she said.

screen-shot-2016-09-14-at-10-25-09-am

The post Meet the 7-Year-Old Japanese Girl Who’s the Youngest Pro Skater Ever appeared first on NextShark.



Share from NextShark
Meet the 7-Year-Old Japanese Girl Who’s the Youngest Pro Skater Ever Meet the 7-Year-Old Japanese Girl Who’s the Youngest Pro Skater Ever Reviewed by mimisabreena on Thursday, September 15, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.