We Asked Polynesian People What They Thought Of Disney's "Moana"


You’re welcome.

Disney Studios

Disney has a less-than-stellar reputation when it comes to portraying non-European cultures (AHEM, Aladdin, looking at you), so as a person of Polynesian descent (I'm Native Hawaiian on my mom's side) I was understandably concerned when Disney announced its plans.

See? I’m LEGIT.

Turns out I liked Moana quite a lot, but I reached out to some of my Polynesian friends and family to get their take on it. Here’s what they shared.


View Entire List ›



Source link



from Design & Directed http://ift.tt/2hjq9YY
We Asked Polynesian People What They Thought Of Disney's "Moana" We Asked Polynesian People What They Thought Of Disney's "Moana" Reviewed by mimisabreena on Sunday, December 11, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.