Rudest Lawyer Ever Yelled At The Woman In The Help Window, But Never Knew She Could To Do THIS To Him.

Some people just don't know how to be civil, and when we encounter them in daily life we often wish we had some way of getting back at them for their rudeness. If you've ever wanted to make a jerk's life a bit more difficult, then read on... hammer-719066_960_720_f55b1ac939889006073125104496b4e2Many thanks to Reddit user BreatheMyStink for sharing their story.
I work in a law office and regularly have to go file documents with the court. I have learned, from watching one interaction, not to f*** with the clerks at the filing window. A lot of people probably don't know/wouldn't believe how detailed the rules are for submitting documents to the court. There are rules regarding the type of paper you can use, the exact spacing of the heading on the paper, the exact measurements of the two hole punches at the top of the paper, etc. There are literally dozens of rules on how to format your filings. In my experience, these rules are rarely enforced. The clerks will reject documents if there are major errors (missing signatures, incorrectly filled out, etc.) but will usually let things slide like your two-hole punches not being precisely 2 3/4 inches apart. But there was one day where I saw a clerk take sweet revenge against someone who totally had it coming. I was standing in line, waiting to file something and a notoriously huge prick of an attorney got called up to the window. The clerk asked him something like "I'm really sorry Mr. [notoriously huge prick], but you're missing [some attachment] to this form." He reacted as if she had just stood up from her chair, flipped him the bird, and went to sh*t on his mother's grave. [nextpage title="Continue this article on the next page!"] could do her job, he would be complaining to her supervisor, and on and on. He goes stomping away, and she looks much calmer than you would expect for someone who just got reamed out by this enormous douche bag. angry-man-274175_960_720_576cd6555635d9474209ad74a20b5c5f I get called up to her window and say something like "I am so sorry you had to deal with that." She replies "It's fine, he's on my list now." I'm curious so I ask what she means. Her response was fantastic. She says "Mr [notoriously huge prick] handles a lot of family law cases. He'll be wanting to file things here, and his paperwork is bound to land on my desk. For people like him, I get out the formatting sections of the rules of court, and I make sure he's followed every one of them." She points to my filing and says "Your two-hole punches look off. You see how one is higher than the other? They are supposed to be a certain distance from the top of the page. I'm not going to reject yours. But next time he drops something off at the filing box, you better believe I'm going to bust out my ruler." I say how awesome that is, but once he sees the reason his document was rejected, he'll just have an assistant fix it or whatever. She replies "We don't have to tell him why it was rejected specifically, just that it violated some rule of formatting. He can figure that out for himself, if he ever wants to have another document filed." She looked so, so happy.
Use the button below to SHARE with your friends!

The post Rudest Lawyer Ever Yelled At The Woman In The Help Window, But Never Knew She Could To Do THIS To Him. appeared first on Worthytoshare.com.



Share from Worthytoshare.com

Rudest Lawyer Ever Yelled At The Woman In The Help Window, But Never Knew She Could To Do THIS To Him. Rudest Lawyer Ever Yelled At The Woman In The Help Window, But Never Knew She Could To Do THIS To Him. Reviewed by mimisabreena on Sunday, April 23, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.