Top 8 Anime Series Of The 90’s

Are you into anime and/or manga? Sweet, then you’ll either find some new things to watch, or at least take a short jog down Memory Lane. Hell, maybe you’ll even decide to re-watch some of these classics (I know I will). Now, in the SUB vs DUB, I always choose subtitles, but I won’t judge you for liking English, or your local, dub. Each and every of these anime series deserved their spot on this list for various reasons, some of which will be my personal preferences, but don’t worry, you’ll love most of them still.
So, start up that DeLorean, kids, ’cause you’re about to see some top-shelf 90’s anime!

 

 

1. Yu Yu Hakusho (1992-95)
Enter spirit-detective Yusuke and his friends (or frenemies)! It’s been a while since I watched YuYu Hakusho, but from what I remember it all starts with the main character kicking the bucket in episode 1. It’s classic shounen anime with amazing supernatural battles, and a cast of great characters. I like to think of it as proto-Bleach, because that somehow makes sense to me. Go figure.

 

 

2. Pokemon (1997-)
Of course there would be Pokemon on this list! They’re everywhere these days, and you can only imagine how big their presence was in late 90’s. Everyone either hated or loved these little buggers, and who can blame them? The kids all wanted to be the very best, like no-one ever was, so they memorized all the names and attacks to look cool in school. Totally not me, though, nope, that was entirely someone else. Currently the franchise still stands strong, with 7 generations of Pokemon, different regions, a plethora of games, and, of course, hundreds of anime episodes. BTW, the most recent series is called “Pokemon Sun and Moon” in case you’d want to catch up at least on the new stuff.


3. Trigun (1998)
I remember my first Trigun episode (or 12, actually) like it was yesterday. My friend gave me a whole pack of CD’s filled with anime, and on one of them there was Trigun. “Man this kinda looks like crap” I thought to myself, but after the first episode I couldn’t wait to see more of Vash’s gun-slinging adventures! When you look at this goof, it’s hard to believe that someone like that has such a huge bounty on his head, but when he gets serious… oh boy. I literally just got goosebumps while. BRB, gonna watch me some Trigun (it’s on YouTube BTW, so, you’re welcome)!



Contributer Brain Berries http://ift.tt/2pxeVXG

Top 8 Anime Series Of The 90’s Top 8 Anime Series Of The 90’s Reviewed by mimisabreena on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.