Gasping for air (and good business sense) at the summit of Mount Everest

TwitterFacebook

Standing at 28,000 feet, a few scant yards from successfully summiting Mount Everest without an oxygen tank to breathe from, was one of the most exhilarating moments of my life. I had dreamt about it since I was fourteen years old.  

But it was also one of the most terrifying.  

I had been without oxygen for way too long, my speed was slowing down, my thoughts were becoming garbled. If I sat too long to rest, I fell asleep—and if my team wasn’t there to wake me I could have perished. It was literally taking me hours to walk just a few steps. And every minute up represented an additional minute to get down safely. Many don’t realize the most dangerous part of the journey is coming back down.  Read more...

More about Work Life, Business, and Work Life

COntributer : Mashable http://ift.tt/2xaH7Q3

Gasping for air (and good business sense) at the summit of Mount Everest Gasping for air (and good business sense) at the summit of Mount Everest Reviewed by mimisabreena on Friday, August 18, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.