Group Messages on the iPhone are driving me nuts, and I'm so over it

TwitterFacebook

When Apple introduced group messaging to  iMessage in 2013, it collectively blew everyone's mind. But four years later, group texting on an iPhone feels like it can get out of control a little too quickly — and I desperately need sweet relief from the deluge of messages flooding my inbox.

There are plenty of reasons to complain about conversations with large groups on iMessage, but before we can really nail down what's wrong, it's important to understand the technology.

Group messaging on iMessage basically works only if everyone in the conversation has an iPhone. So if there's even one Android user in the group, all of your messages will be sent as a standard text (otherwise known as MMS). These are much slower to send and receive than a proper iMessage, especially when it's a large picture file or video.  Read more...

More about Iphone, Android, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, and Messaging Apps

COntributer : Mashable http://ift.tt/2vvfqjK

Group Messages on the iPhone are driving me nuts, and I'm so over it Group Messages on the iPhone are driving me nuts, and I'm so over it Reviewed by mimisabreena on Friday, August 25, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.