Stunning, award-winning photos from the world's largest photo competition

Lead Visual Sasha

This September in Berlin, EyeEm, a global community and marketplace for photography and video, announced the winners of their fourth and largest photography competition yet.

More than 590,000 submissions from 88,000 photographers in over 150 countries submitted to the EyeEm Photography Festival, helping it become the largest photo competition in the world.

Below, see category winners and the stories behind the shots. All captions are by EyeEm.

SEE ALSO: Photos show how different family meals look in busy homes across America

The Portraitist category, Adeolu Osibodu, Ogun State, Nigeria

This was taken as part of Adeolu Osibodu's series, called "Losing Amos." Osibodu says: "My Grandfather Amos died in 2014. It was then that I realized how casual my idea of him was."

"I constantly asked myself why I couldn’t see beyond his heavy grins, why I couldn’t define him as more than the man who was never unhappy... these were unsettling thoughts that meddled with my conscience." Osibodu decided to take a series of self-portraits wearing different clothes his grandfather owned at various times in his life.



The Portraitist category, Adeolu Osibodu, Ogun State, Nigeria

"Maybe this is inspired by an urge to find consolation or my intimate affection for a time before, or me just being Adeolu. Regardless, I'm forever glad I happened to find myself in this state," said Osibodu.



The Street Photographer category, Julie Hrudova, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This photo was taken as part of Julie Hrudova's series, "LEISURE," which is an ongoing series that Hrudova says is "core to what my work is about." It's a play with photography being a trustworthy and truthful medium by creating some confusion about what is actually happening in the image, or why. Hrudova says her subjects are focused on their leisure activities and often isolated.



See the rest of the story at Business Insider


Contributer : Tech Insider http://ift.tt/2wygRmC
Stunning, award-winning photos from the world's largest photo competition Stunning, award-winning photos from the world's largest photo competition Reviewed by mimisabreena on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.