My 11 most memorable movie moments of 2017

the last jedi 2 disney lucasfilm

There’s nothing better than a movie moment you immediately know will be stuck in your mind forever.

It might be the emotion of the moment, the way the music matches the powerful visuals, or a line that’s delivered just the right way. Whatever it is, it’s the moment when you are hooked on the movie not just for the rest of the year, but for many more to come.

With 2017 coming to a close, I looked back on 11 moments in the movies this year that I won’t forget anytime soon.

Warning: Some spoilers are also included. 

SEE ALSO: All 36 notable characters in "Star Wars: The Last Jedi," ranked from worst to best

11. The K-Ci & JoJo scene in “Ingrid Goes West”

I've pretty much been cracking up about this scene since I first saw it at the Sundance Film Festival back in January. Ingrid (Aubrey Plaza) befriends Taylor (Elizabeth Olsen), the person she's been stalking on Instagram, and they take a girls' trip to Joshua Tree. 

During the car ride they play the late 1990s hit "All My Life" by K-Ci & JoJo. Ingrid gets so into the song that she begins to stare at Taylor as she sings the lyrics, "I pray for someone like you, and I hope that you feel the same way too." This leads to her slamming into the guardrail.

Plaza's lust stare for Taylor makes the entire moment incredibly funny. 



10. Paz de la Huerta interrupts “My Scientology Movie”

This is definitely one of the top bats--t moments I have ever seen in a documentary. 

Louis Theroux is having a serious chat with former Scientology member Marty Rathbun in a hotel room when out of nowhere a bikini-clad Paz de le Huerta knocks on the window of their room. Theroux opens the door and the actress walks in demanding not to be filmed, though goes on to brag that she's been in over 45 films (there's a lot more to this story). And as quickly as she appears she's gone, and the two men are left wondering if somehow Scientology was behind the encounter.

The randomness of the encounter and Theroux's handling of the situation is something I can watch on a loop for days (and perhaps I have!).



9. Rachael reunites with Deckard in “Blade Runner 2049”

The appearance of a CGI version of Sean Young, as she looked in the original "Blade Runner" movie in 1982, filled me with nostalgia and a burning desire to find out how they did it

She looks flawless (though Deckard finds a flaw) and the moment beautifully links both movies. 



See the rest of the story at Business Insider


Contributer : Tech Insider http://ift.tt/2Dn4VTX
My 11 most memorable movie moments of 2017 My 11 most memorable movie moments of 2017 Reviewed by mimisabreena on Thursday, December 28, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.