5 top tips for creating a productive workspace

If you're a busy freelancer working from home and your office space is in need of a bit of tender loving care, style expert and author Abigail Ahern has lots of of advice to help transform your home office. Here are five of Ahern's top tips for creating a productive workspace...

01. Get a curved screen

Curved screens are not only aesthetically more appealing, they also wrap you up in the world you are working in, making your studio or home office feel totally immersive.

"For me, my day job is obviously incredibly visual so I like a big screen for designing products, creating moodboards and going through my latest imagery," says Ahern.

Also read: The best 4K monitors for designers 2018

02. Create 'zones'

"Comfortable seating and having different zones are super important for home offices. No one likes to be sat at the desk all day, so have a separate nook where you can take calls, read through something, or just take five minutes."

03. Decorate the walls

"Pop up some motivational artwork on your walls. Being self-employed or working from home it can sometimes be hard to keep on track. I've got Superman facing me from my desk, so whenever the going gets tough I can feel inspired to get back to it!"

04. De-clutter your space

"Keep your office space tidy: shut away clutter, and try to keep cables and wires to a minimum. In my studio, I added custom built-in cupboards to hide away the printer, scanner and files."

05. Choose a fragrance

It might not be top of your list, but Ahern appeals to her sense of smell for added motivation. "Every room needs a scent to complete it. I burn a combination of essential oils in my studio."

"Fragrances can really influence our mood, so I opt for something invigorating in my work space, for example rosemary is credited with improving memory and promoting clear thinking or peppermint is like a double shot of espresso – enlivening and motivating."

Related articles:



Contributer : Creative Bloq
5 top tips for creating a productive workspace 5 top tips for creating a productive workspace Reviewed by mimisabreena on Thursday, February 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.