How to Delete a Facebook Page

Fed up with Facebook’s ever-increasing stranglehold on the organic reach of brand pages, many page admins are washing their hands of Facebook altogether.

If you’re in that camp or you don’t use your business page any longer, you may want to delete it.

I advise using a desktop/laptop computer to delete your Facebook page. It’s much easier than attempting to do it via a tablet or smartphone.

Aside: I originally published this tutorial in 2011, and it is Blogging Bistro’s most-visited post. That’s why you’ll see a lot of comments from years gone by. I update this tutorial regularly to reflect Facebook’s changes. Most recent update: February 3, 2018.

Tutorial: How to delete a Facebook page | BloggingBistro.com

How to unpublish your page without deleting it

If you aren’t certain whether you want to permanently delete your page, you can “unpublish” it (make it private so only page admins can view it).

Here’s how:

Log in to the Facebook page you administer.

Click “Settings” in the upper righthand corner of your screen.

Find the “Page Visibility” setting (it’s the second one), and click the pencil icon to edit.

How to delete a Facebook Page | BloggingBistro.com

Click the “Unpublish Page” radio button and then click “Save Changes.”

How to delete a Facebook brand/fan page

Log in to the Facebook page you administer.

Click “Settings” in the upper righthand corner of your screen.

Scroll to the bottom of the list of options, to “Remove Page.” Click the pencil icon to edit.

Tutorial: How to delete a Facebook fan page | BloggingBistro.comA pop-up notice will inform you that if you delete your page, you have a grace period of 14 days in which you can restore it. (Unsure whether that means 14 calendar days or 14 business days.)

How to delete a Facebook Page | BloggingBistro.com

After the 14-day grace period, you’ll be asked to confirm that you want to permanently delete your page.

If you are certain you want to remove your page and begin the 14 day grace period, click the link that says “Delete [name of your page]” and then click “Save Changes.”

Free action plan to help you build your blogging and social media strategy | BloggingBistro.comCan I re-use my custom Facebook page address?

People often ask me:

“If I delete my page, will Facebook release my username (page URL/address) so I can re-use the same name on another page I create?”

I have not received a reliable answer to this question. People who’ve deleted pages have told me they’ve tried to use the same username (web address) and have been unable to. If anyone knows how long Facebook holds on to the usernames of deleted pages, please share that info.

Tweet this tutorial!


Easy instructions for to delete a Facebook page
Click To Tweet



I just learned how to delete a Facebook fan page
Click To Tweet



Finally! I deleted my Facebook page, thanks to this tutorial
Click To Tweet




Contributer : Blogging Bistro
How to Delete a Facebook Page How to Delete a Facebook Page Reviewed by mimisabreena on Sunday, February 04, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.