9 New York City CEOs share the morning routines that set them up for success

ben anderson

  • We asked nine New York City-based CEOs how they spend their weekday mornings.
  • Everyone's routine is different, but many squeeze in an early-morning workout.
  • Most check their email right away.

If you're looking for ideas about how to jump-start your workday, who better to consult than a bunch of successful CEOs?

We asked nine such executives, all of whom live or work in New York City, how they spend the time between waking up and showing up at the office. Some meditate, some work out, and most check email.

Here's how some of the busiest people you'll meet set themselves up for success daily.

SEE ALSO: 12 highly influential people share the morning routines that set them up for success

Ilir Sela, the founder and CEO of Slice, bounces ideas off his brother.

Slice is a mobile app that lets you order from local pizzerias.

I'm an early bird, so I'm typically awake by 5:30 a.m., or at the latest 6.

Within the first five or 10 minutes of waking up, I'll jump right to my phone and check to see how things are going with the business. Slice is a 24/7 operation and we cover all different time zones — there are people ordering pizza at all times of the night. I'm always excited to wake up and check on how things went while I was sleeping.

I live on Staten Island, and my office is in Manhattan. I commute in on a regular basis with my twin brother. Before 6:40 a.m., I'll have my brother waiting outside for me, and we drive in together.

It takes 35 to 45 minutes to drive in. That's when I'm usually checking all my email, reading some of the news, and at the same time chatting with my twin brother. He's a business owner himself, so he helps me out with some of the challenges that we're facing and vice versa. We're secretly in this competition to see who's going to find a way to be more successful that day.



Nadia Boujarwah, the cofounder and CEO of Dia&Co, clears her head and speed-dresses.

Dia&Co is a clothing subscription service for women who wear size 14 and up.

I've always been an early riser. If I'm going to an exercise class, I'm up by 6 a.m. If not, maybe 6:30.

I recently started using the meditation app Headspace. I use it for 10 minutes first thing in the morning. Carving out that time to help me get centered and clear my mind has proven to be incredibly valuable.

Two or three times a week I'll start my day with an exercise class. It's almost always spin classes.

Something I picked up while I was low on the totem pole in investment banking is getting ready very quickly in the morning. I'm usually ready in less than 15 minutes.

I live very close to the office, so I always walk to work. There's something special about New York City in the morning — being out and about while everyone's just starting their day has an energy that I really enjoy. I'm usually at the office by 8.



Kenny Dichter, the founder and CEO of Wheels Up, combines exercise, reading, and fueling up.

Wheels Up is a membership-based private aviation company.

I wake up somewhere between 5 and 5:30 a.m. I have three devices, and I check all three devices for email and for texts and for any sort of communication.

Then I have my trainer meet me at my house, and he stretches me from 6 to 6:45 while I'm reading the newspaper.

From 6:45 to 7:30, I'm trying to do 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of anaerobic exercise. All the while, I'm drinking a Juice Press Mother Earth. I'm also drinking a black coffee at the same time.

At 7:30, I shower. While I'm showering, I turn on CNBC's "Squawk Box." I have the TV on in my bathroom, so I turn the volume way up, and I'm listening through the shower door. I also might sneak in a little bit of ESPN's "SportsCenter" while I'm drying off.



See the rest of the story at Business Insider


Contributer : Tech Insider http://ift.tt/2xL6qcz
9 New York City CEOs share the morning routines that set them up for success 9 New York City CEOs share the morning routines that set them up for success Reviewed by mimisabreena on Monday, March 05, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.