The supreme weirdness of reading 'A Wrinkle In Time' as an adult

TwitterFacebook

The first time I read A Wrinkle In Time as a kid, I remember being utterly terrified.

Beginning with the iconic opening line "It was a dark and stormy night," Madeleine L'Engle's classic children's sci-fi tale takes us on a harrowing journey with iron-willed Meg Wallace, precocious Charles Wallace, and charming Calvin as they they bend time and space to find Meg and Charles's missing father.

It wasn't until I re-read the book as an adult that I figured out why: As a kid, I was used to stories about kids persevering and fighting the challenges to discover the moral of being themselves. I wasn't used to reading stories where the youthful protagonists face such grave mortal and existential peril.  Read more...

More about Mashreads, Mashreads Podcast, A Wrinkle In Time, Culture, and Books

COntributer : Mashable https://ift.tt/2IfNTcB

The supreme weirdness of reading 'A Wrinkle In Time' as an adult The supreme weirdness of reading 'A Wrinkle In Time' as an adult Reviewed by mimisabreena on Saturday, March 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.