JPMorgan Chase launched an online bank for millennials called Finn, and I prefer it to the real thing

FILE PHOTO: Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase & Co. speaks during the Milken Institute Global Conference in Beverly Hills, California, U.S. on May 1, 2017. REUTERS/Mike Blake/File Photo

  • JPMorgan recently rolled out a mobile bank aimed at young millennials who don't need branches.
  • I tried it and I definitely like it more than my traditional Chase account. 
  • But there's also some weird things about it. 

Finn, a mobile bank built by Chase, recently rolled out nationwide. And I gave it a try.

In addition to offering bread-and-butter checking and savings account functionality, it also offers services many firms in the personal finance startup space have built their businesses around. These include automatic saving tools and charts to see where you are spending money. 

The point of the app is to help Chase expand in regions where it doesn't have branches by luring folks who don't need to use branch-related services. 

Personally, I think the app is a better experience than my traditional Chase mobile bank, since it more easily allows you to send checks from the app, save money in an easy and fun way, and keep track of your spending. It's also free. And there's no overdraft fees. But it's not without flaws. 

First, the app is pretty ugly. It also has a weird portal that allows you to rate your transactions with emojis, which I think is pointless. 

In any case, here's a walk through I put together to share my experience. Enjoy. 

Here's what Finn looks like on the iPhone. It's not available on Android yet.



Opening up a new account took a couple minutes since I already have an account with Chase.

To be sure, you don't need to bank with Chase to open a Finn account. In fact, new customers are eligible for $100 when they open an account. The sign-up process is just as quick as other personal finance apps, requiring information like date-of-birth, address, and Social Security number. 

 



There's nothing sexy or attractive about this app.

The interface is pretty simple with three portals: savings, checking, trends. 



See the rest of the story at Business Insider


Contributer : Tech Insider https://ift.tt/2zjZzM1
JPMorgan Chase launched an online bank for millennials called Finn, and I prefer it to the real thing JPMorgan Chase launched an online bank for millennials called Finn, and I prefer it to the real thing Reviewed by mimisabreena on Sunday, July 08, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.