The interactive rain website that brings me temporary peace online

TwitterFacebook

This post is part of Hard Refresh, a soothing weekly column where we try to cleanse your brain of whatever terrible thing you just witnessed on Twitter.

When I'm seeking feelings of peace and tranquility, the internet is not the first place I look. But if I absolutely have to stay online, I open a tab for LookingAtSomething.com, a website created five (yes, five) years ago by artist Rafaël Rozendaal.

It's an unassuming website. In fact, the only thing on it is an animation of a rain shower. Move your cursor down toward the bottom of the window and the shower will turn into more of a storm. (You'll even see flashes of lightning.) Move your cursor up and the rain will stop entirely, replaced by chirping birds and blue sky. If you'd like to create a brief gust of wind, move your cursor to the right or left.  Read more...

More about Culture, Hard Refresh, Culture, and Web Culture


COntributer : Mashable https://ift.tt/2M0xbPO

The interactive rain website that brings me temporary peace online The interactive rain website that brings me temporary peace online Reviewed by mimisabreena on Thursday, September 06, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.