This poet writes for a generation searching for validation on their phones

There is a moment, right after posting a picture on Instagram, when my heart pounds with expectation. 

For a fleeting moment, I'm not 31-year-old me, but 13-year-old Rachel — embarrassed, self-conscious, craving acceptance from anyone who'll give it to me. 

The like count on my Instagram post is an unflinching zero. A number that I feel so keenly that my finger wavers over the "delete post" button. What if my selfie gets no likes at all? Why won't the guy I fancy like my selfies? Do I post too many selfies? (Answer: yes, definitely.)

Perhaps this story sounds silly. Frivolous, even. But when your self-esteem is low, and your mental health not on tip-top shape, Instagram can feel like the most toxic place on earth. Read more...

More about Books, Poetry, Burnout, Culture, and Books

COntributer : Mashable https://ift.tt/2MwkdvJ

This poet writes for a generation searching for validation on their phones This poet writes for a generation searching for validation on their phones Reviewed by mimisabreena on Thursday, October 10, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.