'That could have been me': ESPN reporter gives emotional speech about Breonna Taylor's killing

'That could have been me': ESPN reporter gives emotional speech about Breonna Taylor's killing

"I have prided myself in being able to be objective and cover these sorts of issues," said ESPN reporter Malika Andrews on Wednesday, tearing up as she spoke. "But when it is so clear that the system of objectivity in journalism is so whitewashed and doesn't account for the fact that...Breonna Taylor was 26 and I am 25, and that could have been me, it is very hard to continue to go to work."

On March 13, Louisville police broke down 26-year-old Breonna Taylor's door and killed her, shooting the unarmed medical worker at least eight times in her home. Yet despite widespread protests and calls for justice, a grand jury decided on Wednesday that none of the police officers involved would be charged with killing Taylor.  Read more...

More about Nba, Black Lives Matter, Espn, Police Brutality, and Breonna Taylor


COntributer : Mashable https://ift.tt/36952nL

'That could have been me': ESPN reporter gives emotional speech about Breonna Taylor's killing 'That could have been me': ESPN reporter gives emotional speech about Breonna Taylor's killing Reviewed by mimisabreena on Thursday, September 24, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.