I’m my wife’s password manager, and it has to stop

I’m my wife’s password manager, and it has to stop

My wife’s memory is so terrible, I’ve become her memory-keeper, faithfully logging her favorite burgers on my iPhone and remembering every variation of her usual password. “The usual” (not her actual password) has been my wife’s password for at least 10 years, although there’s now a second “usual” for the accounts we share, plus a handful of variations to reflect password requirements like capitalization, numbers, or special characters. 

According to LastPass’s Psychology of Passwords report, 44 percent of survey respondents recycle identical or similar passwords across sites despite knowing this is unsafe. And 53 percent of survey respondents said they haven’t changed a password in 12 months despite hearing of a data breach.  Read more...

More about Password, Tech, and Consumer Tech

COntributer : Mashable https://ift.tt/3pDscsL

I’m my wife’s password manager, and it has to stop I’m my wife’s password manager, and it has to stop Reviewed by mimisabreena on Friday, January 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.