A Motives Cosmetics Review – Legit MLM Or Beauty Scam?

Motives Cosmetics Reviews

Company: Motives Cosmetics
Website: http://ift.tt/19oQHy4
Founder: Loren Ridinger

Welcome to my Motives Cosmetics (MC) Review!

First of all, I would like to say that I am pleased that you have decided to do some research before jumping in head first with MC.

You see, that is one of the biggest mistakes when choosing which online business opportunity.

There are so many out there that it can be a daunting task to figure out which one is legit or if there is any money to be made.

This is where I come in.

I am not affiliated with any of the companies that I review and I back up my claims with facts.

I get all of my information from official websites and other reviews.

I will provide a brief overview of MC, talk about the product line, analyze the compensation plan and finally show you what the Better Business Bureau has to say.

You will want to read the article in its entirety because there is a lot of ground to cover and you need all of it to make an informed decision.

With that being said, let’s get started.

A Motives Cosmetics Overview

MC was founded in 1997 by Loren Ridinger.

This is great news because the company has been around for nearly 2 decades.

This bodes well for them as a company because most MLMs do not make it past the 5 year mark.

OK, back to MC…

MC is a cosmetic makeup niche MLM but focuses on their products much more than typical MLMs.

The reason this is important will be explained later in the review.

At a quick glance, I can see a few things worth mentioning on their website which strikes me as “good.”

First of all, there isn’t very much hype spammed on their website.

This is a great way of doing things.

It allows the buyer to make purchases without feeling like the product is being shoved down their throats.

The next one is all about the prices.

They seem mostly cheap although I am sure there are other companies that may beat their prices on a few products.

With that being said, you still have to rely on your recruits and team sales performance to make serious money which is always a drawback in my professional opinion.

Let’s take a look at the product line for a bit.

Products & Services

It is important to note that the products a company offers are paramount to success. Here is a list of product categories for MC.

MOTIVES COMETICS

Best Sellers
Fan Favorites
What’s Hot
• Eyes
• Lips
• Cosmetic Accessories
• Nails
• Gift Sets & Palettes
• Sun Protection & Tanning
• Face
• Skincare

Right off the bat, you have to appreciate the number of products that MC has.

There are hundreds of products so let’s just take one as an example so that you can see what we are looking at.

This image is from MC and it is just under $20.
Motives Cosmetics Lipstick Reviews
This second image is from a major competitor and costs roughly 2x the amount.
Motives Cosmetics Revlon Lipstick
Now, I’ll be the first to admit that I know nothing about makeup in regards to application but this is just to prove that MC products are cheaper in almost all situations.

This is a great thing because you can make this one of your selling points.

The other thing that makes the products stand out is the way MC set up their website.

It is easy to use and they kept it simple and to the point.

MC has done something right by focusing on the products.

It actually took me some time to find anything about the business opportunity.

To some, this will seem like a fault, but I look at it as a smart choice because the products are the only thing that matter.

What good is a compensation plan when you are selling poor products?

Before we jump into the compensation plan, I would like to provide my readers with some advice.

Figure out if there is a way to try the products before you purchase them or start with the business opportunity.

Most stores that carry makeup products allow some sort of testing or you can try to find contact information of a local member.

This would help you for two reasons.

One, you will know exactly what to expect from the product and therefore understand the product you are selling.

Two, you will be able to make some sort of connection with people that are established with the company already.

The reason I say this is because the company is not one of the go to brand names and you may find it hard to sell if the product is of poor quality.

By testing the products first, you should be able to see if you are making the right decision.

I hope this helps guys because product marketing is essential to success with any MLM.

Compensation Plan

I have to admit that I liked this MC Compensation Plan for one distinctive reason; it is product driven for the most part.

Don’t get me wrong, you still have to build a team but you have plenty of other ways to generate sales.

Let’s breakdown this simple compensation plan down and then I will provide some analysis.
Motives Cosmetics Compensation Plan Review
Beauty Advisor Retail Profit

You can earn 30% retail profit when you purchase MC products at wholesale and then selling them at marked up prices. These sales will also count toward your team building sales which means you can start earning commissions.

Team Building

Once you build two teams, and hold two events per month each, you can earn $1500 in commissions. Although I am not a big fan of doing events or house parties, at least you can give it a shot and see what happens. None of this is guaranteed because selling to friends and family can get a little hectic to say the least.

Hosting Events

The amount of money you earn can increase with the number of events you host. For example, if you host a party every week, your income can increase.

No Limits

The more you recruit and build your team, the more you can potentially earn. I know I already said that this company focuses on products more than recruiting but I have a feeling that most of the Beauty Advisors make more money through retails profits from return companies than they do from team building. I guess what I’m trying to say is that recruiting is not mandatory but it certainly helps.

Better Business Bureau (BBB)

Unfortunately there the BBB is of no help with this company.

First, I checked for Motives Cosmetics in their database and there was nothing.

Next, I look for Market America, Inc because this is the parent company to MC.
mc_market_america
I am not sure why there is no information about the company in the BBB database.

I am sure it has something to do with the facts that there have been no complaints of MC or Market America, Inc and that is what BBB evaluates.

This is a good thing because it means that both companies are relatively clean of any corruption or bad products but it also a bit of a mystery that I wish we could figure out.

Since BBB cannot help us with product and company reviews, let’s take a negative comment from another review to at least see where people stand on the matter.
mc_neg_comment
OK, this comment says a lot and to be honest, I’m not sure why I didn’t see this before.

I mean, on the surface, MC seems like a legit MLM with a decent product line and compensation plan.

Maybe there needs to be an evaluation of Market America, Inc in the near future to see what is going on with the relationship between these two companies.

This review started out in a positive direction but it seems that there is always something beneath the surface.

I hope this comment puts things into perspective for you and you at least take it for what it is worth.
With that said, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of MC.

Things I Like & Don’t Like About Motives Cosmetics

Since I have discussed all of the things I like about the company already, I will quickly recap so that you can at least see them again.
• Product Based Company
• Simple Compensation Plan
• Low Prices

These are all great features and speak volumes about the company.

OK, here are the things that I don’t like about MC.

Most people already have a favorite cosmetic brand and are unwilling to switch.

This is especially true in this situation because MC is a fairly unknown brand in the grand scheme of things.

This fact leads into my next complaint.

This will be a tough sell especially using archaic methods like hosting parties or events.

Think of it this way, if I invite all my friends and family into my house it will not to pitch some sort of scripted sales gimmick.

It will be for an actual party or social event. If I started pitching a product, they would laugh at me and accuse me of drinking too much.

I want to be clear, this procedure works for some people but will be a failure 9/10 times.

The only complaint about the compensation plan I have is that the more you recruit, the more you earn.

I cannot express to you how much I detest companies that say they are more focused on product but then force you to recruit if you want to participate in the membership program.

The Final Verdict

Here is the deal most people that look to MLMs as a way to supplement their income don’t really understand the risks involved.

If you were to simply visit an MLMs website you could only see the positives of a company.

You would also be under the assumption that everyone makes tons of money.

This could not be further from the truth because 95% of all MLMers fail because they have no idea how to recruit and generate sales.

After reading this review and any of the other review I have done, you have probably realized that I am not a big fan of MLMs.

Yes, I get it, you can show me a few people that have made millions with MLMs but what about the other 95% that fail and end up losing money.

To be perfectly honest, it is the MLM part of the business structure that is the problem.

The MLM aspect of a business makes it mandatory to rely on other people in your team to be successful.

In my opinion, you shouldn’t have to rely on other people in order to make a decent living.

With all of this being said, I am sure that MC is not a scam because it has been around for a long time and it would have been shut down a long time ago if it was.

However, there are plenty of programs out there that teach how to start your own business and succeed without relying on other people.

If you are interested in look at an example of this, go ahead and read this review.

The company has been around for a long time, it is free to try out and there is no recruiting necessary.

It is a training program that teaches you how to be successful on your own.

At any rate, I hope this review of Motives Cosmetics was helpful to everyone.

If you have any experience with MC, would like to ask a question or leave a comment, feel free to fill out the form below.



Share from Stealth Secrets http://ift.tt/2ep9aD8
A Motives Cosmetics Review – Legit MLM Or Beauty Scam? A Motives Cosmetics Review – Legit MLM Or Beauty Scam? Reviewed by mimisabreena on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.