Questlove And Talib Kweli Want To Pay Chrisette Michele Not To Perform At The Inauguration


“I am here, representing you, because this is what matters,” Michele wrote in a statement.

On Wednesday, it was confirmed that Grammy-winning singer Chrisette Michele will perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration on Jan. 20.

On Wednesday, it was confirmed that Grammy-winning singer Chrisette Michele will perform at Donald Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20.

Chrisette Michele / Via instagram.com

We Can't Be Present If We're Silent

“My heart is broken for our country, for the hopes of our children, for the fights of those who came before us.

I cry at the thought that Black History, American History might be in vain.

This country has had great moments. God has shined His light upon us.

Today, I hope that Great Moments begin in peaceful & progressive conversation. I am willing to be a bridge. I don't mind These Stones, if they allow me to be a voice for the voiceless.

I am here.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, 'Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about what matters.'

I am here, representing you, because this is what matters.”
—Chrisette Michele
#NoPoliticalGenius


View Entire List ›



Source link



from Design & Directed http://ift.tt/2jE0CNj
Questlove And Talib Kweli Want To Pay Chrisette Michele Not To Perform At The Inauguration Questlove And Talib Kweli Want To Pay Chrisette Michele Not To Perform At The Inauguration Reviewed by mimisabreena on Friday, January 20, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.