Serena And Venus Williams Just Redefined Sister Goals At The Australian Open Final


“She’s the only reason I’m standing here today.”

Serena Williams won her 23rd Grand Slam Saturday morning at the Australian Open, beating big sister Venus.

Serena Williams won her 23rd Grand Slam Saturday morning at the Australian Open, beating big sister Venus.

She won 6-4 6-4 to claim her seventh Australian Open, in the process beating Steffi Graf's record of 22 Grand Slam wins, and also becoming the oldest female Grand Slam winner in the modern era at 35.

“There's no way I would be at 23 without her,” Serena said of Venus. “There's no way I'd be at one without her. She's my inspiration.”

Quinn Rooney / Getty Images

Paul Crock / AFP / Getty Images

“She's the only reason I'm standing here today. She's the only reason the Williams sisters exist,” Serena said of her sister, who at the age of 36 reached her first Grand Slam final since 2009.

“She deserves an incredible round of applause, she's made an amazing comeback. I definitely think she'll be standing here next year. I don't like the word comeback – she never left.”

“Every time you won this week, I felt like I got a win too,” Serena said.

Paul Crock / AFP / Getty Images


View Entire List ›



Source link



from Design & Directed http://ift.tt/2jHyVQO
Serena And Venus Williams Just Redefined Sister Goals At The Australian Open Final Serena And Venus Williams Just Redefined Sister Goals At The Australian Open Final Reviewed by mimisabreena on Saturday, January 28, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.