Her Dad Passed Away A Week Ago Before She Graduated. But She Was Shocked To Find Out What He’d Left Behind.

When you're young you view parents as superheroes. With all the energy and vitality pulsing through you, it's hard to consider that they could be vulnerable or fall ill. And it comes as a shock when you realize they're not as bulletproof as you believed. But this father cemented his place in his daughter's life as a superhero.
The past few years have been hard for me. My dad's been ill and I've had to take care of him in spite of my hectic schedule at school. It's provided me with little time for extracurricular activities. Despite his illness, he tried his best to do right by me, insisting on not bothering me unless it was absolutely necessary. Today was my graduation and my dad couldn't be there because he passed away just last month. Today, I got a card in his handwriting congratulating me. Written in the card was an email account and password, which I thought was strange. I logged in, and there are hundreds of emails, all from him. 1_d9b0c229ba264cc211f8e67fe9ea8036 The subjects are all different events that may take place in my life and some more "random" ones like "Open when you had an embarrassing moment" or "Open when you and mom are fighting." Each email contains a word document and a video attachment. I opened the graduation one, and I am in absolute tears. I never thought I'd be able to really hear his voice again or see him again. This one was recorded the day he and my mom broke the news to us about how many more months he has to live due to his cancer. I know this because he's wearing the shirt I bought him, and he wore the shirt the whole day before he noticed the "m" sticker on it. This was before he started chemo. I forgot how he looked and sounded like before he had cancer. I don't know when the others are recorded. [nextpage title="Continue reading this story on the next page!"] I'm sorry if this isn't the place for it. I wanted to share it, but I didn't know to whom. This is the best gift I could have ever asked for: and infinite amount of time with my dad. Now, he's with me forever, wherever, and whenever. I love him and I miss him. Here are the subjects of the emails he had sent me: Birthdays 23 - 80 (each is a separate video) Graduate school Graduation PhD Graduation First real job First time being fired Landing dream job Getting engaged "Show to that bastard you're going to marry" Rehearsal dinner Wedding with "permission to play at wedding" Coming back from honeymoon First kid Second kid Third kid Fourth kid Fifth kid Adopt a kid Lose a child Get annoyed with child Regret having children (as a joke) You can't sleep It's raining and you're reminded of me You fuck up big time You're arrested You need comfort You're mad at God You're happy You feel depressed You feel alone You feel annoyed You feel scared You want to hurt yourself You forgot how to laugh Disneyland 100th anniversary Mom finally cleans out the garage Aliens invade Aliens don't invade McDonalds no longer has $1 menu

Share this with friends by clicking below!

The post Her Dad Passed Away A Week Ago Before She Graduated. But She Was Shocked To Find Out What He’d Left Behind. appeared first on Worthytoshare.com.



Share from Worthytoshare.com

Her Dad Passed Away A Week Ago Before She Graduated. But She Was Shocked To Find Out What He’d Left Behind. Her Dad Passed Away A Week Ago Before She Graduated. But She Was Shocked To Find Out What He’d Left Behind. Reviewed by mimisabreena on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.