4 reasons I almost accepted your LinkedIn request, but didn't

TwitterFacebook

Not long ago, I had a visceral reaction when I read about how Muse writer Kat Boogaard accepted over 300 random LinkedIn requests. It reinforced my stance that I’d only accept them when they were accompanied by a short note.

No really, including a note as to why we should connect makes it so much easier to say yes. (And if you have no idea what to say in that note, here are a few templates.)

Why else would I turn you down? Here are a few more reasons:

1. You asked for way too much right off the bat

The fact that I write career advice articles for a living is proof that I really enjoy helping people. Even with two jobs, I get a rush out of giving someone a resume, cover letter, or interview tip that might help them land their next job. Read more...

More about Jobs, Linkedin, Networking, Work Life, and Business

COntributer : Mashable http://ift.tt/2uGuqhN

4 reasons I almost accepted your LinkedIn request, but didn't 4 reasons I almost accepted your LinkedIn request, but didn't Reviewed by mimisabreena on Friday, July 21, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.