Calling all dads! Bruce Springsteen is coming to Broadway

TwitterFacebook

Paging dads, uncles, and those who love them: Bruce Springsteen is headed to Broadway this fall.

Performances for Springsteen on Broadway will begin Tuesday, October 3, with an official opening on Thursday, October 12. Springsteen will perform five shows a week through November 26th at the Walter Kerr theater on Broadway.

Some theater insiders view the move (which will sell out in an instant, obviously) to be a trial run for a long-rumored musical version of Springsteen's autobiography, Born to Run, per The New York Post.

“I wanted to do some shows that were as personal and as intimate as possible," Springsteen said in a release. "I chose Broadway for this project because it has the beautiful old theaters which seemed like the right setting for what I have in mind. In fact, with one or two exceptions, the 960 seats of the Walter Kerr Theatre is probably the smallest venue I’ve played in the last 40 years. My show is just me, the guitar, the piano, and the words and music. Some of the show is spoken, some of it is sung. It loosely follows the arc of my life and my work. All of it together is in pursuit of my constant goal to provide an entertaining evening and to communicate something of value." Read more...

More about Entertainment, Music, Theater, Broadway, and Bruce Springsteen

COntributer : Mashable http://ift.tt/2ftaTMc

Calling all dads! Bruce Springsteen is coming to Broadway Calling all dads! Bruce Springsteen is coming to Broadway Reviewed by mimisabreena on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.