Mayor of San Juan responds to Trump: "We have one goal, it is to save lives"

TwitterFacebook

After President Trump tore into Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz on Twitter on Saturday morning, the mayor took to TV to briefly defend herself and advocate for the rest of the island.

"This is what we have, it is one goal: it is to save lives," the mayor told MSNBC's Joy Reid. "I have no time for distractions. All I have is time for people to move forward and get help."

Cruz's comments were part of a larger effort by the mayor to attract additional military and emergency resources to the devastated island.

"What kind of Puerto Rican, what kind of a human would I be if I know of other mayors who had no water, no food and I just had my city taken care of?" Read more...

More about Donald Trump, Hurricane Maria, Carmen Yul N Cruz, Culture, and Politics

COntributer : Mashable http://ift.tt/2xESnrB

Mayor of San Juan responds to Trump: "We have one goal, it is to save lives" Mayor of San Juan responds to Trump: "We have one goal, it is to save lives" Reviewed by mimisabreena on Saturday, September 30, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.