It took 4 confirmations to end my Amazon Prime subscription. Here's why the company would make it so hard to do. (AMZN)

Amazon

  • It took me four separate clicks to cancel my Amazon Prime subscription. 
  • It's no surprise that Amazon makes it difficult to leave Prime, considering how important it is to the company.
  • Amazon needs to hold onto customers using any method it can, including adding benefits and supercharging perks like free shipping.

Amazon Prime is a lifesaver for the holidays.

Its promise of quick two-day shipping proved invaluable this year, as I did nearly all of my holiday shopping on the website. Amazon's offer of both a 30-day free trial and a 30-day extension to that trial was quickly snatched up and utilized.

But it's now weeks after the holiday, and the frequency of my Amazon orders has gradually slowed down and reached a complete halt. 

I don't use other benefits like Prime Video streaming or Whole Foods discounts very much, and because of that, I don't feel I need to pay for Prime once my trial is up.

But Amazon doesn't make it easy to cancel the service. I counted how many clicks it took me to finally end the membership: four in total. That is not even counting the click I did to navigate to the Prime membership page.

SEE ALSO: Amazon will soon lose the biggest reason to pay for Prime

First, once on the Prime membership page, I needed to click "end trial and benefits."



This navigated me to a page that outlined Prime's free shipping offers and which I would miss out on.



Clicking "end my benefits" there led me to a page that encouraged me to switch to an annual membership, which would be cheaper than paying monthly. Since I wanted to save 100% instead, I clicked "continue to cancel."



See the rest of the story at Business Insider


Contributer : Tech Insider https://read.bi/2sKvqPQ
It took 4 confirmations to end my Amazon Prime subscription. Here's why the company would make it so hard to do. (AMZN) It took 4 confirmations to end my Amazon Prime subscription. Here's why the company would make it so hard to do. (AMZN) Reviewed by mimisabreena on Sunday, January 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.