'Empire' star Jussie Smollett releases statement after Chicago attack: 'I'm OK'

TwitterFacebook

Empire actor Jussie Smollett has spoken out about the violent attack he suffered in Chicago on Tuesday. 

“Let me start by saying that I’m OK,” Smollett said in an exclusive statement to Essence. “My body is strong but my soul is stronger."

Smollett was hospitalized on Tuesday following an alleged assault by men who reportedly called him racist and homophobic slurs and attempted to put a noose around his neck (he also told police that one of them shouted, "This is MAGA country!" per THR). 

In the days that followed, celebrities and fans expressed their support for him and his family and insisted on justice for what the police are investigating as a hate crime. Read more...

More about Entertainment, Television, Celebrities, Empire, and Jussie Smollett


COntributer : Mashable http://bit.ly/2S2bEyq

'Empire' star Jussie Smollett releases statement after Chicago attack: 'I'm OK' 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett releases statement after Chicago attack: 'I'm OK' Reviewed by mimisabreena on Saturday, February 02, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.