12 easy things I changed on the Galaxy S10 to make it better

s10 hero shot 2

  • The Samsung Galaxy S10 is great out of the box, but there are a few tips and tricks to make it look and feel even better.
  • The following are the first 12 things I did to the Galaxy S10 when I first got the Galaxy S10 Plus review unit.

The new Galaxy S10 is a beautiful device.

But if you just use it the way it comes out of the box, you're not getting the best possible experience this smartphone has to offer. When I first got the Galaxy S10 (Plus) review unit, I set about changing settings and customizing it to look and work the way I like.

The bulk of the changes I made were in the display settings, but there's a few other things I changed to make the Galaxy S10 even better than it is at stock. 

Check out how I made the Galaxy S10 look and feel better:

NOW READ THE BI REVIEW: Samsung's new Galaxy S10 is almost a master class in how to make a superb, premium smartphone

The — very — first thing I did was during the setup process, as soon as I turned on the Galaxy S10.

The first time you turn on the Galaxy S10, you'll hear Bixby's voice start to walk you through the setup process. I found this incredibly annoying. 

Thankfully, there's a way to mute Bixby. Just tap the speaker symbol on the top right to silence it and set up your new Galaxy S10 in peace.



The Galaxy S10 has a sharp 1440p display, but it's set to 1080p by default. Don't change that.

When you first start up the Galaxy S10, its display resolution is set to FHD+ 1080p. 

The temptation is strong to set the display resolution to its full WQHD+ 1440p option for the crispiest, sharpest look. 

Truth be told, I hardly notice a difference between the default FHD+ 1080p mode and the WQHD 1440p option. And keeping it to FHD+ resolution will help extend your battery life, as the Galaxy S10's processor doesn't need to work as hard to render items on the display at a sharper resolution.

 



Make the Galaxy S10's display truly pop.

Oddly enough, the Galaxy S10's default display color mode is set to "Natural," which  you can see above, and it looks fine. But there's a "Vivid" option (pictured below) that makes colors truly pop. Colors are way more vibrant with Vivid mode. This makes the biggest difference for the Galaxy S10's display.

vivid s10 

To set the Galaxy S10's display to the Vivid color option, go to:

Settings > Display > Screen mode > select "Vivid"



See the rest of the story at Business Insider


Contributer : Tech Insider https://ift.tt/2EPqEGh
12 easy things I changed on the Galaxy S10 to make it better 12 easy things I changed on the Galaxy S10 to make it better Reviewed by mimisabreena on Monday, March 11, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.