Here's what's up with those wild push notifications on Co–Star

TwitterFacebook

Last month, my astrology app told me to investigate the debt industry.

This mysterious but oddly pointed instruction was a far cry from the veiled, flowery language I'd seen on other zodiac sites. It was direct. It was concise. And, especially because I'd just paid my student loan bill, it was kind of eerie.

I'm not the only one who's been weirded out by Co – Star's push notifications. Though the feature hasn't been rolled out to all the app's users (yet, at least), those who have it enabled have seen a truly wild range of personalized messages. They've been encouraged, for example, to read specific books (including one by the psychiatrist R.D. Laing), to research Big Pharma, and to "start a cult." Read more...

More about Apps, Astrology, Co Star, Culture, and Web Culture


COntributer : Mashable https://ift.tt/2UAktwF

Here's what's up with those wild push notifications on Co–Star Here's what's up with those wild push notifications on Co–Star Reviewed by mimisabreena on Monday, March 11, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.