Why does the Duolingo owl scare me more than my high school Spanish teacher ever did?

TwitterFacebook

The Duolingo owl is ruining my life. So why do I feel so pressured to learn from it?

Like many other disappointments to the public education system, I spent seven years studying Spanish and barely retained any of it. The little remnants that still float around my memory are disjointed and just out of reach — I remember the words and their purpose, but can't seem to string them into a coherent conversation.

The pieces are all there. They're just scrambled. 

I started Spanish lessons on Duolingo months ago, but my enthusiasm wore off. When I stopped ascending two levels a night, the notifications began. Read more...

More about Notifications, Duolingo, Culture, and Web Culture


COntributer : Mashable https://ift.tt/2UxTzc1

Why does the Duolingo owl scare me more than my high school Spanish teacher ever did? Why does the Duolingo owl scare me more than my high school Spanish teacher ever did? Reviewed by mimisabreena on Wednesday, April 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.