I've been using, Vi, the headphones that are also a personal trainer, and I'll never go back to running alone

Bort beach Vi headphones

When it comes to fitness gadgets the general rule is that the current generation tend to overpromise and under deliver.

But in the case of the artificial intelligence headphones called Vi, designed to improve your running, I've been blown away by how much more it does than I imagined.

Not that I haven't had some issues with them, but the way they've helped correct and improve my running form far outweighs the annoyances. I can run longer and faster with less knee pain and soreness.

Vi gained attention in 2016 when it raised nearly $1.7 million on Kickstarter on a goal of $100,000.

I tried Vi for a wide variety of workouts before I came to the conclusion that I love this device.  

SEE ALSO: A controversial ex-banker is the person who really runs Twitter — and he's gambling the company's future on one risky bet

Vi is a set of weighted Bluetooth earphones priced at $250 and chock full of sensors like a heart rate monitor, an accelerometer, a gyrometer, barometer, and voice recognition. When used with the speech recognition, AI-powered smartphone app, Vi becomes a personal trainer.



One difference between Vi and a regular set of bluetooth earphones are these curved bits on the earpiece. They are heart rate sensors that you place in the corner of your outer ear. I found the HR tracking to be surprisingly accurate, which is really important if you are training for a race and using heart-rate zone training.



Vi includes an iPhone or Android app that tracks your basic running statistics, like time, mileage, speed, heart rate, etc. Through the app, you set your goals, such as losing weight, getting faster, running farther, reducing stress, or improving fitness, which helps Vi personalize the guidance it gives during your runs.



See the rest of the story at Business Insider


Contributer : Tech Insider http://ift.tt/2v8M382
I've been using, Vi, the headphones that are also a personal trainer, and I'll never go back to running alone I've been using, Vi, the headphones that are also a personal trainer, and I'll never go back to running alone Reviewed by mimisabreena on Saturday, August 05, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sponsor

Powered by Blogger.